The Global Giving Guide gives hope to fathers
It’s not an easy year to be a father. The new decade brought disease and disaster, showing all the world how very fragile life is. On the front lines of 2020, national partners look into faces of desperation mixed with darkness. National leaders want to answer cries brought on by crises like COVID-19 and Cyclone Amphan with daily bread and, most of all, the Bread of Life. Where hope is a precious commodity, these loving leaders, acting in many ways as fathers, need encouragement.
In the COVID-19 & Compassion Global Giving Guide, we gathered needs served by godly leaders in places like the mountains of Asia, in Bangladesh, Cuba, Haiti, India, Nepal, and in the Middle East. The Heavenly Father is using men to do what’s humanly impossible. (Learn more here)
- Feed the hungry.
- Face threats of death.
- Give sacrificially.
- Mentor the young.
- Care for the old.
- Partner with governments.
- Use soap to open Gospel doors.
- Rebuild places of refuge.
- Take Good News into darkness.
- Display God’s glory in desperation.
As we hear of the heavy load carried by national partners, Fathers Day is a good day to come alongside them with active encouragement. Some countries honor Fathers in September, November, or March.
What makes a man a father? Biology? Name? Inheritance? This year, the needs ushered in by COVID-19 and Cyclone Amphan prompt us to act now to uplift godly men. Deployed globally, men of God are doing godly work by proclaiming the Gospel with compassion. They love like fathers on behalf of The Father.
We invite you to download the COVID-19 Compassion & Global Giving Guide as a prayer guide. Please share with others. You can go directly to our Linktree for a convenient list of links for giving.
- If you want to give a gift honoring a man in your life, let us know in the “comment” box with your donation. We will mail you a card illustrating the heart of the Father, so you can share about your gift with your loved one.
- If your gift is not financial, but a gift of committing to pray, we are glad to mail you a card to give your loved one on this Father’s Day. Just let us know by going to liveglobal.org/connect.
We will mail out Father’s Day cards to those who leave us a note to let us know you’ll be praying for these fathers or make a donation with a comment during the month of June 2020.
May our Heavenly Father be honored by men ministering in His name around the globe!
You can learn more about the May/June 2020 COVID-19 Compassion & Global Giving Guide HERE.
Download a PDF HERE of the May/June 2020 COVID-19 Compassion & Global Giving Guide to use it as a prayer guide or to share with others.